If you’re on the keto diet, you may know that bananas are not keto-approved due to their high amounts of carbs. So how do you make banana nut keto muffins? Our friends at Convenient Keto have shown us how! It’s all about substitutions such as banana extract and whole milk Greek yogurt.
- 1 box low carb cake mix (white or yellow)
- 1/3 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pure banana extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2–3/4 cup organic walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
Do not follow cake mix directions.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except the walnuts.
- If you’re using a non-silicone muffin pan, line pan with paper muffin cups.
- Once the muffin pan is ready, fill each cup 1/2 full.
- Take your walnuts and evenly distribute on top of each uncooked muffin.
- Place in the oven for 18-23 minutes or until slightly browned on top. You can also insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they’re done.
Banana Nut Keto Muffins recipe and photos courtesy of our friends at Convenient Keto.
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 173mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
Keywords: banana nut keto muffins, keto-approved ingredients, keto muffins, bananas in keto