Fall head over taste buds with this creamy pumpkin pasta recipe! Pumpkin is extremely versatile with powerful nutrients like antioxidants and Vitamin A. In this recipe, pumpkin puree is combined with our organic sour cream and half & half for an irresistible new fall favorite!
- 1 pound organic Italian sausage
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 3/4 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 (16 oz) package organic whole wheat bowtie pasta
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Half & Half
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp grated organic Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until the meat is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Stir onion and garlic into sausage and cook about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta.
- Stir pumpkin puree, chicken broth, half & half, sour cream, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pepper into the sausage mixture and cook, stirring often, until sauce is creamy and thick (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer cooked pasta to a large pot and pour sausage and pumpkin mixture over pasta. Place over medium-high heat and gently stir until pasta mixture is heated through (4 to 5 minutes).
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Enjoy!
Keywords: creamy pumpkin pasta, fall dinner recipe, easy pasta recipe, creamy pasta sauce