Dutch Baby Pancakes
For those of you who love cooking with cast-iron, this dutch baby pancake recipe is a must-try! Ally, one of our brand advocates, made this recipe using our new organic, certified 100% grass-fed vanilla kefir. It turned out delicious!
- 3 organic eggs
- 2/3 cup Kalona SuperNatural Certified 100% Grass-Fed Organic Vanilla Kefir (or Kalona SuperNatural Organic Buttermilk)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries (or substitute for any other berry)
- powdered sugar and/or maple syrup for topping
- Place cast iron skillet in oven and preheat to 425°.
- In a blender, combine 3 eggs until bubbly.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and pulse to mix thoroughly.
- Remove the skillet from oven and place butter in pan. Carefully swirl the pan to allow butter to melt. Quickly pour pancake mix into the middle of the skillet. Top with blueberries.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the pancake is fluffy and has golden edges. Middle will be set.
- Serve immediately. Tastes best with powdered sugar dusted on top with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Cast Iron Skillet Dutch Baby recipe courtesy of Ally Billhorn of Ally’s Sweet & Savory Eats.Print
Keywords: dutch baby pancake