Mix up your breakfast routine with delicious, homemade crepes. Are you on the keto diet? Don’t worry, these keto-approved crepes have 7 simple low-carb ingredients. Just put all the ingredients in a blender, and pulse! Then cook and fill with fresh berries and homemade whipped cream.
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Lightly Salted Butter (melted and cooled)
- 3 Tbsp organic coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- Additional butter for the frying pan
- 3/4 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit or berries of choice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Let sit for 10 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid. Blend again just before frying.
- Preheat a 6-in cast iron skillet over medium to low heat for about 5 minutes. Add a small amount of butter to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in 2 Tbsp of batter and swirl the pan to cover the bottom with batter. Cook until the crepe is beginning to brown on the bottom.
- Run a metal spatula along the edges to loosen the crepe. Carefully remove the crepe with both hands by the edges and flip over. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- Cook on the other side until beginning to brown. Remove to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, add more butter as needed.
- For the filling, pour the cream and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Or, try this maple whipped cream!
- Place a crepe on a plate, spread whipped cream and place berries on top. Roll up the crepe and enjoy!
Recipes and photos courtesy of Buttered Side Up Blog.
- Calories: 88