Sweet Potato Chips
- 3 large sweet potatoes (very thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
Southwest Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic 100% Grass-fed Cultured Whole Milk Plain Kefir
- 1/3 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of dried chipotle or ancho pepper powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz shredded, cooked chicken or taco meat
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey jack, pepper jack, a Mexican blend, or mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup black or pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/3–1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/3–1/2 cup salsa
- Fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, diced red onion or bell pepper, black olives, diced avocado, or guacamole, etc.
Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potato slices with oil. Place the slices in a simple layer on the baking sheet (be sure not to crowd them). Sprinkle with salt.
- Place baking sheets in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through cooking time, or until slices are lightly browned and crisp on the edges.
- Remove chips to a wire cooling rack and rest while you repeat with the remaining sweet potato slices.
- Layer 1/2 of the chips onto a baking sheet or in a glass baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 the chicken or taco meat, beans, corn, and cheese.
- Repeat with the second layer, ending with cheese on top. Place into the oven and bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While the nachos are baking, combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Remove pan from oven, add salsa, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, avocado, and guacamole, etc.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over nachos and serve with lime wedges.
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos recipe and photos courtesy of The Real Food Dietitians.