Do high quality ingredients elevate your cooking?
Rodina, located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is one of the top comfort food restaurants in the nation.
The restaurant and Chef Samuel Charles have won numerous awards, and Rodina is one of our favorite places to go for dinner.
Rodina uses in season ingredients from local family farms and the menu is constantly changing.
“We have the best milk in the world right here in Iowa, and only use the highest quality ingredients at Rodina. Kalona SuperNatural dairy elevates our food and drinks.” – Chef Samuel Charles, Rodina Restaurant, Iowa Chef of the Year
Sam and Phoebe Charles, the owners, have two children, and one in particular is a huge fan of our organic whole milk. 🙂
On our last visit, we had Rodina’s amazing Panna Cotta by Chef de Cuisine, Marcus Eng. The recipe uses Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream.
The recipe and ingredients are below.
Have you visited Rodina?
What are you currently cooking with Kalona SuperNatural?Print
This simple Panna Cotta recipe by Marcus Eng, Chef de Cuisine shines when made with Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream.
- 425 grams Kalona SuperNatural Whipping Cream (1.8 cups)
- 90 grams sugar (.45 cup)
- 2 Gelatin Sheets (1000g each)
- 6 grams vanilla (1.25 teaspoons)
Panna Cotta in photo includes caramelized hazelnuts and maraschino cherry syrup.
1. Bloom gelatin sheets by soaking them in cold water for 5-10 minutes until soft.
2. Warm heavy cream and sugar to 185 degrees, stirring occasionally.
3. Once mixture is 185 degrees remove from heat.
4. Remove bloomed gelatin from water and add to the mixture along with vanilla. Stir until fully incorporated.
5. Pour into desired containers and refrigerate until set.
Keywords: panna cotta