Simplicity is key with this Scottish shortbread cookie recipe. The star ingredient is our award-winning butter which makes flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth cookies! Drizzle bittersweet chocolate on top and dust with flaky sea salt for an indulgent treat.
How To Make Scottish Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick Kalona SuperNatural Organic Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (finely grated)
- Pinch of salt
- Half a bar of bittersweet baking chocolate
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a food processor.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and pulse until a coarse sand-like texture is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto wax paper or plastic wrap and use the paper to push the dough together. Cover the dough with another layer of wax paper or plastic wrap and roll out to the desired thickness. Cut the cookies out, place on a baking tray, and dock with a fork.
- Bake at 350F for about 10-15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt the chocolate and place in a piping bag. Once the cookies are cool, drizzle the chocolate over the cookies and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Izzie at Maize and Honey.Print