This chocolate frozen yogurt recipe is great for staying cool in the summer. By combining Greek yogurt and reduced-fat milk, you’ll have a creamy blend of delicious flavors. This recipe does mention an ice cream maker. But not to worry, you can also use a stand mixer!
- 4 cups Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- ⅓ cup organic cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Reduced Fat Milk
- ½ tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic mini chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, milk, and vanilla together. Until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. The mixture should be thickened.
- The frozen yogurt will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Don’t have an ice cream maker? Place the bowl and beater of a stand mixer in the freezer overnight. Mix ingredients in a stand mixer for 15-20 minutes.
- When freezing the ice cream, place plastic wrap on the top surface of the mixture before covering with the lid. This eliminates the ‘foam’ layer from appearing on the top surface.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: chocolate frozen yogurt, Greek yogurt