To honor your commitment to a healthy household and lifestyle, we offer USDA-certified organic dairy products. This means they have been produced in accordance with rigorous, national organic standards. Organic agricultural practices ensure the long-term health of life on our planet, including the soil, plants, animals, and people.
Remember, organic means non-GMO, plus much more!
USDA Certified Organic
The USDA Certified Organic seal* guarantees:
- No toxic and persistent pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, or fungicides
- No synthetic growth hormones or antibiotics
- No GMOs (genetically modified organisms)
- No irradiation or sewage sludge
- No synthetic fertilizers
Certified organic* also means that affirmative practices are used to:
- Promote a healthy natural environment
- Accommodate natural animal behavior
- Foster the cycling of resources
Our Organic Certifying Agencies
All products carrying the USDA Certified Organic seal are inspected annually by an accredited 3rd party certifying agency to ensure compliance with these rigorous standards. Four agencies–all with deep roots in the organic community–certify Kalona SuperNatural™ products.
Iowa Department of Agriculture & Land Stewardship is the certifying agent for Farmers Creamery, makers of Kalona SuperNatural™ milk and butter.
Midwest Organic Services Association is the certifying agent for Westby Cooperative Creamery, makers of Kalona SuperNatural™ cottage cheese, sour cream, cream-top yogurt, and Greek yogurt.