For the cake
- 1 cup fresh organic cranberries
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh organic orange zest
- 2 Tbsp organic orange juice
- 3/4 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic 100% Grass-Fed Whole Milk Plain Kefir
- 4 tsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-x-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom with a rectangle of parchment. Dust the sides with flour and remove the excess.
- In a food processor, pulse the cranberries in a food processor until they are coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, kefir, butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until blended (don’t over-mix). Fold in the cranberries.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Remove cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place the cake, still on the cooling rack, over a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Drizzle the cake with the glaze and let it stand until glaze is hardened about 30 minutes.