Sugar, spice, and everything nice! These fluffy gingerbread cake bars from Food Faith Fitness disguise gluten-free in a delicious holiday treat. You’ll find our award-winning vanilla kefir and unsalted butter as key ingredients in this recipe. Serve them with a cold glass of our stabilizer-free organic eggnog!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic 100% Gass-Fed Cultured Whole Milk Vanilla Kefir
- 6 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 1/2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
For the Frosting
- 4 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray the sides of the pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk all other ingredients except for the frosting ingredients.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined and pour in the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-28 minutes. Let cool completely.
- once cool, use an electric hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Add in the vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add in the sugar to the frosting mixture a little at a time until well mixed.
- Spread over the cake and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
This Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cake Bars recipe and photos courtesy of Taylor at Food Faith Fitness.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 197.9 kcal
- Sodium: 140.8 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g