This Toasted Coconut Ice Cream is fresh and creamy. With tropical tones of coconut and vanilla. It’s a must for any time of the year!Try this delicious DIY dessert is perfect with homemade chocolate ice cream sandwiches.
- 2 cups organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 cups Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream
- 1 can organic sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/2 cup fruity extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread coconut flakes on a sheet pan and toast in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and simmer. Pour the toasted coconut into the cream and remove from heat. Allow to cool, then place in the fridge overnight.
- On the next day, line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and set aside. Strain and discard the coconut. The remaining cream should measure 2 cups. If not, top it off with more cream.
- Use a stand mixer to beat the cream until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Stir together condensed milk, vanilla, vanilla bean, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Gently fold one-third of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in the remaining cream and pour into your prepared loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer at least 6 hours or overnight.
This Toasted Coconut Ice Cream recipe and photos courtesy of Chef Bret Bannon of Bret’s Table.
Keywords: Toasted Coconut Ice Cream, diy dessert, homemade