Start your day refreshed with this Keto Thai Iced Tea recipe! Thai tea is traditionally sweetened with high amounts of sugar. So what makes this a keto approved beverage? Convenient Keto has swapped sugar for stevia sweetener to keep the same taste, but lower those sugar levels to keep it keto-friendly. The Thai tea and other Southeast Asian spices result in a flavorful and fragrant iced drink perfect for any time of the year.
Looking for a hot Keto approved beverage? Check out our butter coffee or our chai butter tea recipes!
- 12 oz water
- 4 tbsp loose leaf thai tea
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 3 tbsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp stevia sweetener, or to taste
- In a tea kettle, boil water.
- Place the Thai tea, cardamom pods, anise, and cloved in an extra fine strainer and place in cup.
- Pour hot water into cup and brew for 10 minutes.
- Remove strainer. (If you don’t have a tea strainer, use a coffee filter over another large cup to filter out tea leaves.)
- Add whipping cream with stevia sweetener and stir.
- Pour into a separate cup with ice and stir. For a creamier texture, pour into a shaker with ice, shake and pour in serving glass.
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 11
Keywords: KETO Thai Iced Tea