Start your day refreshed with this Keto Thai Iced Tea recipe! Thai tea is traditionally sweetened with high amounts of sugar. So what makes this a keto approved beverage? Convenient Keto used stevia sweetener to keep the traditional thai tea taste, with lower sugar!. Thai tea spices result in a flavorful and fragrant iced drink perfect for any time of the year!
KETO Thai Iced Tea Recipe
- 12 oz water
- 4 tbsp loose leaf Thai tea
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 3 tbsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp stevia sweetener, or to taste
- In a tea kettle, boil water.
- Place the Thai tea, cardamom pods, anise, and cloves in an extra fine strainer and place in a cup.
- Pour hot water into a cup and brew for 10 minutes.
- Remove strainer. (If you don’t have a tea strainer, try using a coffee filter over another large cup to filter out tea leaves.)
- Add whipping cream with stevia sweetener and stir.
- Pour into a separate cup with ice and stir. For a creamier texture, pour into a shaker with ice, shake and pour in serving glass.
Recipe and photo of KETO Thai Iced Tea courtesy of Convenient Keto.