Banana Cream Pie Ingredients
- 2 large bananas
- 1 (16-ounce) Kalona SuperNatural™ Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- Ready-to-use pie crust (9-inch). See recipe below
- Top with whipped cream (Click here for whipped cream recipe)
Almond Pie Crust Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot, cornstarch or flour
- 3 tablespoons Kalona SuperNatural™ butter, melted
Banana Cream Pie Filling Directions
In a large mixing bowl, peel and mash bananas. Add yogurt, vanilla extract and sugar. Blend together, then add arrowroot. Blend again. Fold into ready-to-use pie crust such as almond or graham cracker. Refrigerate overnight so filling can set up. Freeze pie for a few hours before serving. This will help the pie cut better and will give it the feel of an ice cream treat. Top with almond meal and Kalona SuperNatural™ prepared whipped cream.
Almond Pie Crust Directions
In a 9-inch pie pan, blend together almond meal and arrowroot. Gently pour melted butter over mix. Using hands form crust into pie pan. If crust sticks to hand, use some arrowroot, cornstarch or flour to keep from sticking. Set oven to broil. Broil crust 3 to 5 minutes until starting to brown. Cool and fill with favorite filling.