- 2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup Kalona SuperNatural Reduced Fat 2% Cultured Buttermilk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup rolled oats (extra thick are fine)
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose white flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Spray or oil 9 to 12 muffin tins.
In one bowl, mix the bananas with the buttermilk, sugar, egg, and oil, then add the oats. In a second, larger bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and quickly stir them together with a fork. Fill the muffin tins two-thirds full, or slightly less, and bake until golden brown and springy when lightly pressed with a finger, about 25 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin and remove. Eat while warm.