These delectable blueberry kefir pancakes are thick and extra fluffy, you would never know they’re whole grain and egg-free! Plus, they are made with Kalona SuperNatual award-winning 100% Grass-Fed Vanilla Kefir and fresh, organic blueberries. Top with grass-fed butter and pure maple syrup for a filling breakfast!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp warm water
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic 100% Grass-Fed Vanilla Kefir
- 2/3 cup fresh organic blueberries
- Heat your griddle to medium heat (about 300 degrees) and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk the water, oil and baking powder. Add in the vanilla and kefir and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until just a few small lumps remain. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle and spread out JUST slightly. They spread a lot once cooking and you don’t want them too big or they are hard to flip. Cook until the edges are set, the underside is nice and dark brown and bubbles form in the top, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and repeat.
This blueberry kefir pancake recipe and photos courtesy of Food Faith Fitness.
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 153 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.6 mg