- 7 tablespoons (3 ½ ounces) Kalona SuperNatural Organic Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 cups or (7 ounces) crispy orange cookies
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- Zest of one orange, preferably organic
- 1 1/4 cups (10 fluid ounces) Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate (80% cacao), chopped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate (39% cacao), chopped
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate (80% cacao), chopped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate (39% cacao), chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon warm water
Have at hand one 9-inch round fluted tart pan (1-inch deep) with removable bottom.
In a small saucepan, melt the Kalona SuperNatural butter (or brown it, if desired) and allow to cool. In the bowl of a food processor using the metal “S” blade, pulverize the cookies until they become crumbs. Add the sugar and zest; then pulse again to combine. With the machine running pour in the cooled melted butter and pulse to combine. Pour into the tart pan and press evenly around the side of the pan first, about 1/4-inch thick; then press the remaining crumbs evenly on the bottom. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Bake until firm, about 10 minutes. Set aside on a cooling rack while making the filling.
Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl; set aside. In a medium saucepan, bring whipping cream to a boil; pour over chocolate and let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir until smooth. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla, and salt and then temper the eggs into the melted chocolate. Pour filling into the crust.
When ready to bake off the tart place a rack in the bottom third of an oven and preheat to 350ºF. Bake until filling is set about 3-inches from edge but center is still wobbly, 20 to 25 minutes. (Center will continue to set as tart cools.) Set aside on a cooling rack.
Bring whipping cream to a boil and remove from heat. Pour over chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, then warm water. Pour glaze over the cooled tart, tilting and rotating so the glaze coats the top evenly. Let stand until glaze is set, about 1 hour.