Kefir is traditionally made by culturing milk with kefir grains, which are a mixture of bacteria and yeasts packed with protein and probiotics. Like yogurt, kefir has a tangy and acidic flavor that gets stronger over time. (1) Take a look with us as we go through the differences of kefir vs yogurt.
Kefir Compared to Other Dairy
The nutritional content of kefir is like other cultured dairy products. It also contains more cultures to make it the perfect probiotic beverage. See for yourself!
Why Drink Kefir?
- Digestive Health – Kefir has tons of probiotics! Probiotics help increase the friendly bacteria in the digestive tract. (2)
- Antibacterial Properties – Kefir provides protection against certain strains of bad bacteria. (3)
- Controlled Blood Sugar – “A 2015 study found that study participants with type 2 diabetes who drank 600 milliliters (about 2.5 cups) of kefir each day had lower HbA1C readings — a two- to three-month average of blood sugar levels — than those in the control group.” (4)
- Weight Loss – Kefir has been shown to reduce inflammation and aid in weight loss. (5)
- Strong Bones – Kefir contains a large amount of calcium. This promotes strong bones and helps protect against osteoporosis and fractures. (6)
Transforming Your Diet with Kefir
Are you looking to add the benefits of probiotics to your diet? Try Kalona SuperNatural kefir! We don’t add any additives, gums or stabilizers, so you can enjoy the cultured taste of real kefir. Kefir is a tart, refreshing probiotic beverage on its own. Some also use it as a base to transform recipes for healthy results. Substitute kefir for buttermilk in your favorite ranch salad dressing or pancake recipe. You can also use kefir as a base for a smoothie or parfait. Try some of our favorites!
Choose Kalona SuperNatural 100% Grass-Fed Kefir
Our kefir is minimally-processed, non-homogenized and made with organic whole milk. It makes great bases for smoothies and is also delicious by itself! We strive to provide the best organic dairy products for you and your family. Consuming our kefir is a great way to get your probiotic fix, without all the extra “junk.” Trust us, you’ll taste the difference. Find Our Kefir Near You!
Join Our Herd!
Sign up here to receive more information on our kefir and other products!