- 1/2 heaping cup of Kalona SuperNatural sour cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon finely minced herbs, such as a sprig of tarragon, a few sprigs of chervil or parsley, and a few chives
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices rye bread*
- 5 to 6 slices smoked salmon
- Sprigs of chervil to garnish (optional)
Mix the sour cream with 2/3 of the minced herbs and the salt.
Toast the rye bread, then divide the sour cream among them and spread thickly. Sprinkle the remaining minced herbs over the surface, then add the slices of salmon. Add a little pepper if you wish, and a final garnish of sprigs of chervil, chives, or parsley.
Serve the toasts whole, as the mainstay of lunch, or slice them into fingers for appetizers.
*You can use crackers in place of toast if you prefer.