Kids are often finicky about cottage cheese. You won’t have to worry about that, here! This kid-friendly broccoli pasta only takes 20 minutes to make and hides cottage cheese in its delicious cheese sauce. The fresh broccoli and protein-packed cottage cheese make this family dinner great for the regular rotation.
- 16 oz pasta (pick your favorite!)
- 8 cups organic broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Lightly Salted Butter
- 1/2 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whole Milk Cottage Cheese
- 2 tsp organic lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh organic lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated organic Parmesan cheese
Broccoli Pasta with Cottage Cheese Sauce
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package. Add the broccoli for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta and broccoli and return to pot. Toss with butter.
- In a blender, add the cottage cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, cheese, and 1/4 cup cold water. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pasta. Toss until coated. Continue to add a little bit of the pasta water until smooth, but where a thick sauce forms.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl and top with additional cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
This Creamy Broccoli Protein Pasta with Cottage Cheese Sauce recipe and photos are courtesy of Amy Palanjian with Yummy Toddler Foods.