Grass-fed Dairy | Gluten Free | Sweet Potato
What can make your delectable bowl of soup even better?
Buttermilk biscuits! Especially when they feature delicious sweet potato and Kalona SuperNatural organic cultured buttermilk and organic grass-fed butter! Try these biscuits with the Slow-Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder recipe.
- 1 ¾ cups Gluten-Free Baking Flour, plus more for rolling and shaping
- 2 ½ tsp.baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 6 Tbsp. chilled Kalona Supernatural Organic Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup mashed sweet potato or pumpkin puree, chilled
- ½ cup Kalona Supernatural Organic Cultured Buttermilk
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add butter and using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal with a few larger chunks remaining.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mashed sweet potato (or pumpkin puree), buttermilk and nutmeg.
- Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured cutting board. Dust dough lightly with flour and use your hands to very lightly knead the dough until it comes together in a smooth ball, adding a bit of flour as needed to keep dough from sticking to your hands.
- Shape dough into a disk ½ – ¾-inch thick.
- Use a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter (or a small mason jar) to cut dough into circles as close together as possible. You can also use a knife to cut the dough into 2×2-inch squares. Gather together scraps, and repeat to cut out more biscuits until dough is used up (being careful not to use too much flour).
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them 1-inch apart. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned, rotating the pan once during baking.
Recipe Courtesy of The Real Food Dietitians.Print
What can make your delectable bowl of soup even better? Buttermilk biscuits! Especially when they feature delicious sweet potato and Kalona SuperNatural organic cultured buttermilk and organic grass-fed butter! Try these biscuits with the Slow-Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 Biscuit
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits