Spice up your night with this one-pan chicken enchilada skillet dinner! By adding fresh, organic veggies, this recipe is sure to please your whole family. Plus, it’s quick and easy, too!
Chicken Enchilada Ingredients
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil, divided
- 1 tsp ground organic cumin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp organic chili powder
- 2 1/2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 medium organic onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 oz Kalona SuperNatural Organic Sour Cream
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 6 oz organic black olives, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Colby
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
Skillet Dinner Directions
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet, heat two tablespoons of avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste. Cook just until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Combine remaining avocado oil and the onion. Cook until tender (about 10 minutes). Add jalapeno and the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, 1 1/4 teaspoon salt, and rice. Bring to boil.
- Mix in chicken, turn heat down to medium-low and cover. Cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and half of the black olives. Sprinkle the cheese on top and the remaining black olives.
- Cover and cook until cheese has melted and rice is tender (about 5-10 minutes).
- Serve with extra sour cream, salsa tomatoes, fresh jalapenos and cilantro.
This one-pan sour cream recipe and photo courtesy of Erica Kastner with Buttered Side Up Blog.