Get ready for spring barbeques with this unique take on coleslaw. This rich topping is best served chilled on top of burgers or hot dogs!
- 1 head cabbage, finely diced
- 2 to 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 to 3 beets, shredded
- 1 green apple, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups Kalona SuperNatural™ Buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground celery seed or celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cabbage, carrot, beet and apple in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk, Kalona SuperNatural™ Buttermilk and mayonnaise together, add lemon juice.
- Whisk in sugar, celery and coriander.
- Taste dressing and add salt and pepper to taste. Add more sugar for a sweeter flavor.
- Fold dressing into vegetable mix.
Keywords: buttermilk coleslaw