Spruce up your pastry making with this scrumptious blueberry scone recipe from Buttered Side Up. The blend of sweet and tangy flavors from organic Greek yogurt, a hint of lemon, and wild blueberries will result in a deliciously soft and fluffy scone.
Blueberry Scones Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 Tbsp organic lemon zest
- 6 Tbsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Lightly Salted Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup organic frozen wild blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp organic powdered sugar
Blueberry Scone Directions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, add in the butter pieces and lemon zest. Blend until butter is no larger than a pea.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, and the Greek yogurt. Add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to form the dough. Add Greek yogurt as needed to get a softer, sticky dough. (The stickier the dough, the softer the scone.)
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
6. Scrape the bowl onto a floured surface. Pat out into a rectangle and roll into a log.
7. Cut the dough into 6 triangles.
8. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until scones are golden brown and good through.
9. Remove from sheet and onto a wire cooling rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Making the Glaze
- As the scones are baking, make the glaze.
- Whisk together all of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- After the scones have cooled for 5 minutes, drizzle over the scones.
- Serve warm.
This Greek Yogurt Blueberry Scones recipe and photos courtesy of Erica at Buttered Side Up blog.