These kefir cheddar biscuits are crispy on the outside and soft & fluffy on the inside. Our certified 100% grass-fed organic kefir is packed with good bacteria and beneficial yeasts which makes these biscuits healthier than you might think. And don’t forget our award-winning organic butter for extra flavor in these divine goodies. Serve next to seafood, pasta, or soup!
- 2 1/4 cups organic flour
- 1 Tbsp organic sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp organic paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp organic black pepper
- 8 oz organic sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Butter
- 1 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic 100% Grass-Fed Cultured Whole Milk Plain Kefir
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until well combined. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse sand.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese and parsley and toss to coat in the dry ingredients. Pour in the kefir and mix briefly to form a shaggy dough.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined work surface. Knead the dough gently to evenly moisten the dough. Pat out to a 7×8-inch rectangle. Slice the dough into 16 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes (checking at the 20-minute mark) until the biscuits are golden and done all the way through. You can check to see if a biscuit is done by slicing one in half.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool until warm. Serve immediately.
Recipe and images of this kefir cheddar biscuits recipe courtesy of Erica Kastner with Buttered Side Up.
- Calories: 160