A tasteful yet simple cake recipe with natural sugar using two unexpected ingredients, yogurt and olive oil, that tastes truly remarkable. Indulge yourself in something new and exciting with this amazing Olive Oil and Yogurt Cake!
Olive Oil and Yogurt Cake Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ¾ ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange or lemon (organic, if possible)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Kalona SuperNatural™ Organic Plain Yogurt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
Olive Oil and Yogurt Cake Directions
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Generously butter an 8 1/2-x-4 1/2-inch loaf pan, place the pan on a lined baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Put the sugar and zest in a medium bowl and rub the ingredients together until the sugar is fragrant. Whisk in the Kalona SuperNatural™ Organic Plain Yogurt, eggs and vanilla.
- When the mixture is well blended, gently whisk in the dry ingredients. Switch to a spatula and fold in the oil. The batter will be thick and shiny. Scrape it into the pan and smooth the top. The batter will fill the loaf pan about three-quarters full.
- Bake the cake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until it is golden and starts to come away from the sides of the pan; a knife inserted into the center of the cake will come out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then run a knife between the cake and the sides of the pan. Unmold and cool to room temperature right-side up.
Storing: You can keep the cake at room temperature for at least 4 days or freeze it for up to 2 monthsPrint
Keywords: Olive Oil and Yogurt Cake