This peanut-butter-nut squash pie combines the richness of both peanut butter and butternut squash for a smooth, creamy custard pie. It’s delicious!
Peanut-Butter-Nut Squash Pie Ingredients
- 1 to 2 butternut squash (Approximately 3 pounds)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Kalona SuperNatural™ Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon*
- ¼ teaspoon ginger*
- ¼ teaspoon allspice*
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
* Substitute cinnamon, ginger and allspice with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Peanut-Butter-Nut Squash Pie Directions
Preheat oven to 425F. Carefully cut squash in half. Cover with aluminum foil and place face up on cookie sheet. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until flesh is tender. Remove and let squash cool, then spoon out flesh into a large mixing bowl. Make sure you have 2 cups of squash. Cream squash for 2 to 3 minutes using a hand mixer or food processor. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 375F for 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is firm. Remove and let cool completely. Top with Kalona SuperNatural™ Whipped Cream.