- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese (or try making your own ricotta cheese at home)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 ounce) Kalona SuperNatural™ unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ½ ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmigiano, egg, butter, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the flour over the ricotta mixture and fold it in.
Dust the dough lightly with half of the remaining flour and shape into a log about 2 inches thick. Using the remaining flour, lightly dust work surface, roll the dough out to a rope about 1-inch thick.
Using a bench knife or dull butter knife, cut it into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, boil the gnudi until tender and cooked through, about 6 minutes; drain.
Spoon the gnudi and sauce into bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Recipe used by permission of Bret’s Table.
Keywords: Ricotta Gnudi Recipe, Ricotta Gnudi, How to make Ricotta Gnudi