Quiche is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This Salmon Quiche recipe takes it to the next level! The delicious mix of salmon, leek, tarragon, and Gruyere is sure to become a favorite in your recipe collection.
- 8 oz. wild salmon
- 1 medium organic leek, washed
- 1 Tarragon sprig, stemmed and cut
- 9 in. organic pie crust
- 1 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whole Milk
- 2 organic eggs
- ¼ cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese
- 2 organic chives, cut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wash leek and cut into 3/8″ slice and rinse again. Season and ‘sweat’ until softened.
- Cut salmon into bite sized pieces.
- Place pie crust into your desired pie pan.
- Place the Gruyere in the pie crust and add leeks and salmon on top.
- Crack 2 eggs and beat. Brush some egg on the edges of the pie crust and leave remaining egg in bowl.
- Season and stir together the eggs, sour cream, tarragon, chives and milk.
- With the pie pan on a cookie sheet, place in oven.
- Pull the oven rack out half way, and add egg mixture into pie crust.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the center of the quiche barely wiggles.
- Cool, serve and enjoy!
Salmon Quiche recipe courtesy of Roger Scheel.Print
Keywords: salmon quiche