This Vegetable Encrusted Baked Chicken Breast is packed with protein! With a fresh veggie coating, this fabulous dish is perfect even for that pickiest eater in your family.
Vegetable Chicken Breast Ingredients
- 1 carrot
- 2 bunches of broccoli florets
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms
- 20 saltine crackers
- 2 teaspoons veggie pepper seasoning (or other seasoning of choice)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Kalona SuperNatural™ Sour Cream
- 4 chicken breasts (approximately 3 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable Chicken Breast Directions
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut carrot, broccoli, cucumber and mushrooms into 1 inch pieces.
- Place in blender or food processor and pulverize until a coarse powder. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Crush saltines into food processor, and add seasoning and flour. Taste before using to see if needs more seasoning, salt and/or pepper.
- Turn on blender until all ingredients are mixed well. Add this mix into vegetables and fold all ingredients together.
- Spread 2 tablespoons sour cream on one side of chicken. Spoon vegetable mix onto chicken and pat into sour cream. Flip and repeat on the other side. Be generous.
- Gently place on lightly greased baking sheet or dish.
- Bake at 375F for 30 or 40 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, broil to give breading a toasted color. It is important to cook chicken to 165F inside.
- Use a spatula to remove chicken and vegetable crust and place directly onto serving plate.
Keywords: Vegetable Encrusted Baked Chicken Breast