The sweet and savory flavors in this cranberry and caramelized onion dip are sure to please! Made with our organic sour cream and award-winning butter, it’s creamy, delicious and pairs great with your favorite organic crackers!
- 8 oz organic cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz Kalona SuperNatural Organic Sour Cream
- 2 oz organic feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 large organic sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Kalona SuperNatural Organic Lightly Salted Butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups fresh organic cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
How-to-Make Cranberry & Caramelized Onion Dip
- In a stand mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sour cream, feta, and shredded cheddar until well blended. Spread the mixture into a shallow 8-inch pie plate. Cover and refrigerate.
- Melt the butter in a skillet at medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the sugar. Cook for 15-18 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are golden brown. Remove onions from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the cranberries, sugar, and water over medium heat. Stir occasionally, while the cranberries start to pop and the mixture thickens. Stir in the vinegar and caramelized onions, heating a few more minutes to combine. Turn off the heat to cool.
- When ready to serve, remove the chilled cheese mixture from the fridge and top with the cooled caramelized onion/cranberry mixture.
- Serve with crackers.
This Cranberry & Caramelized Onion Dip recipe and photos are courtesy of Ally Billhorn of Sweet & Savory Eats.Print