This no-bake Greek pita pizza recipe will have you whipping up a delicious meal in no time! The sauce is hummus made with Kalona SuperNatural cream top yogurt! Use the hummus as a tahini substitute. Why? Because yogurt makes it creamy and adds beneficial probiotics!
Greek Pita Pizza & Yogurt Hummus Ingredients
- 1 14-ounce can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh organic lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Kalona SuperNatural Organic Whole Milk Plain Cream Top Yogurt
- 1 tsp organic cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 mini organic whole wheat pita rounds
- Organic toppings: cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and crumbled goat cheese
How to make yogurt hummus
- Add the chickpeas, yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, and salt to a food processor or blender.
- Blend together stopping to scrape down the sides to make smooth. Note: Hummus can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Compile the pita pizzas!
- Toast pita bread lightly in the oven.
- Spread each pita with hummus.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, goat cheese, and other toppings as desired!
This recipe and photos are courtesy of Amy Palanjian of Yummy Toddler Food blog.