For those of you that are unable to find our Kalona SuperNatural Organic Classic Eggnog, here’s a delicious eggnog recipe that you can make from home! Recipe yields 10 to 12 cups.
Homemade Eggnog Recipe Ingredients
- 4 cups Kalona Supernatural Organic Whole Milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups organic cane sugar
- 4 cups Kalona Supernatural Organic Whipping Cream
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Homemade Eggnog Directions
Add milk to a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring to a boil.
In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk together until eggs are fluffy. Mix hot milk slowly into the egg mixture. Pour mixture into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture is thick, approximately 3 minutes. Do not boil. Let cool for about an hour.
Add cream and vanilla. Refrigerate overnight before serving.